Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions about the Siirto
- How swiftly will money be transferred between banks?
Money will be transferred between Siirto users’ bank accounts and will be available to the beneficiary immediately.
- Can I send money even if I don’t know the beneficiary’s account number?
Yes, it is enough that you know the beneficiary’s mobile phone number.
- What do I need to use the app?
- You need a smartphone with an Android or iOS operating system
- Nordea Codes app, or online banking codes from OP or S-Bank
- A bank account for payments
- Is my account balance shown in the service always up to date?
As you are Nordea’s account customer, the balance is always updated when your phone is connected to the Internet. Balance information is not shown to customers of other banks.
- I have more than one phone number in use (for example, my employer’s and my personal number), can I register both of them?
You can register only one phone number per user in Nordea’s Siirto app.
- What kind of information will the counterparty see about me when I pay to him/her?
The recipient will see the sender’s official name and phone number.
- My phone number changed and I have a new number. What should I do?
You can delete a phone number in the account settings of the app by de-activating your account. After this, re-register for the app and enter your new phone number while activating the service.
- Can I use the Siirto app on several phones/devices?
You can use the same user profile on more than one device (the one and the same account number and phone number).
- What should I do if I lose my phone?
Contact Nordea Customer Service.
Alternatively, download the app on another phone (with a different number) and upload the Siirto app. The former Siirto app stops functioning.
- Is it safe to use Nordea Pay?
Siirto is a modern and safe means of transferring cash between users.
If you suspect that your password or other means of identification have fallen into the wrong hands, you must report this to Nordea without delay.